4.22.2011

New Orleans

Photobucket
Yesterday, I flew down to New Orleans to be with my boyfriend who's been working here for a few weeks. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with New Orleans. Most of the people here are friendly, the history is so rich, and there is nothing in this world that can compare to the French Quarter. But the humidity keeps my hair inexplicably frizzy and the sheets on our hotel bed feeling clammy, and I'm not a fan of the rotten smell of the stagnant water in the French Quarter. I can absolutely get over that, though; I'm so excited to spend this weekend eating great food, exploring my favorite historic places, and finally being with my love again!

Here are some of my favorite photos from my last visit to New Orleans:

Photobucket
Charbroiled oysters with shrimp and mushroom fondue at Drago's.

Photobucket
St. Louis Cathedral - my favorite.

Photobucket
Eerie St. Louis Cemetery #1.

Photobucket
Beignets and iced cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde.

Photobucket
The sweetest home in the French Quarter!

Photobucket
Bee Sweet Cupcakes. This was the first cupcake shop I'd ever been to, and it started a long, unhealthy obsession with red velvet cupcakes for me.

2 comments:

shopgirl said...

I adore cupcakes and these look scrumptious! Your trip to N.O. looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to go there, especially for the food!

You have a sweet blog!
p.s. having two giveaways this week. Come drop by.
Rambles with Reese

Lilla said...

Oh, I've never ever been to a cupcake shop. I think I'm afraid I might not leave. :D
sweet blog!